From spring 2024, Spreepark Art Space will offer a residency programme for interdisciplinary collectives or project-based groups who do not (yet) live and work in Berlin.
The residency is offered in Eierhäuschen, a freshly renovated, historic restaurant, as a space for artistic production and sustainable and social interaction. Eierhäuschen is located in the middle of a nature reserve and in close proximity to Spreepark - a former amusement park whose long-term transformation into a new public park invites cross-disciplinary reflection and experimentation.
The three-month residency serves to explore in greater depth an individual question developed for this site, which includes new artistic perspectives and insights. The artistic production process should form a connection with the place and its fields of action art - culture - nature. The Spreepark Art Space is dedicated to the artistic use and examination of the public green urban space in Berlin, especially the site of the former Spreepark amusement park. In addition to the classic exhibition formats, the residence is particularly suitable for research projects, temporary artworks in the outdoor space and the diverse range of educational offers and other interactive events on the connection between people and nature, art and the environment, landscape and architecture.
Participating artists are selected by an international board of trustees once a year through an open call. The residency periods in 2024 are: 08 April to 21 June 2024, 01 July to 20 September 2024 and 30 September to 13 December 2024.
- Approximately three months accommodation free of charge for a maximum of 4 persons
- 4 living and studio spaces ranging in size from 35 to 50 sqm, including one low barrier room
- A large, low-barrier communal kitchen (100sqm)
- One common, low-barrier studio (150 sqm)
- A flat contribution of 3,600 EUR for the entire period
- A one-time reimbursement of travel costs per person to and from the residency
- Assistance in all travel, visa and residency formalities
- Preliminary discussions to determine the curatorial guidance
- Support and consultation from the Spreepark Art Space team
- Invitations to the Spreepark Art Space events
- Networking opportunities with the Berlin art and culture scene according to interest
Please submit the following with your application:
- Description / vita of the group / collective
- in the case of project-based groups, an explanation of the composition as well as the reasons for suitability
- CVs of each individual
- A portfolio with up to 3 reference projects
- A letter of motivation preferably containing an idea for your project or artistic approach
- Your contact information
- Indication of desired residence period
Did we catch your interest? Talk to us! Starting August 21th, we will be offering open video calls every second Monday for anyone interested. Sign up with your preferred date at residencies(at)spreepark-artspace.berlin.
- August 21, 5 p.m.
- September 4, 1 p.m.
- September 18, 5 p.m.
- October 2, 1 p.m.
- October 16, 1 and 3 p.m.